Associate Services of Kona, Inc: DBA: A.S.K. about Travel
My passion is to make travel for everyone a comfortable experience. With over 20 years of experience, having traveled to over 40 countries, and spent every week taking at least 2 webinars about locations near and dear to my heart (Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Alaska and various types of cruising), I feel that I can help most people achieve their goal of the best vacation of their lives. I listen carefully and try to make their wish list come true within the budget and time period that they have set. It is always a thrill when I hear from clients on their return saying, “You really know what you are doing. This trip went off without a hitch. Thanks so much.” Over the years I have established relationships with many suppliers who also have the best interest of our client at heart. That relationship helps me to be able to assist if there is a glitch and some unexpected challenge comes the client’s way.
I believe that people should and do travel to experience the world around them and the different cultures only make a person a better person. As you see other cultures, you learn the whys and wherefores of what they do and this helps to break down the barriers and bigotry that we build up due to ignorance and misunderstandings.
I have many certificates and certifications from over 35 suppliers in addition to achieving my CTA (Certified Travel Agent Certification) from the Travel Institute (a non-profit agency which exists to help train and educate the travel professional to be a well-rounded business person.) I also have a Bachelor of Science from Eastern Connecticut State University with a concentration in Ge
neral Business. I also hold the Aussie Specialist Certification from the Australia Tourism Board, Commodore Classification from Princess Cruise Line, WOW classification from Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Certification from Holland America, and
many other educational awards from various cruise lines and tourism boards.
Here are ten really good reasons to have Betty OBrien, as your travel consultant. An article written by Kyra S. Boyle.
- The convenience of one-stop shop. Instead of making a different online account for the hotel, the cruise, and the travel arrangements, all of that is organized through Betty. Planning a trip is not so overwhelming if you aren’t juggling five different websites/reservations/phone numbers at once.
- Betty knows more about the industry than you. Travel consultants spend their spare time networking and taking classes on and about the travel industry. She is well informed on how it works, and where to go. She is a wealth of untapped information, all in one place!
- Betty can sell everything. A single cruise line will not tell you that their competitor is a better fit for your vacation needs, but a Betty will. Betty’s in depth knowledge helps her to be honest with you about the pros/cons of different companies and vacation packages.
- Betty has already networked with hotels, cruise lines, and tourism boards. This gives her clout and leverage that you simply do not have the time to amass. Why not take advantage of it?
- Personalized vacations. Betty wants you to take a trip you will be happy to be on, which includes tailoring it to your specifications. If you’ve ever tried doing that on the internet, it’s a lot more complex than it sounds.
- Betty will be your ally if things go wrong. She will make alternate travel arrangements for you, and argue on your behalf with suppliers. She is also able offer higher accessibility than a 9-5 customer service department.
- Betty can offer the best deals. The industry uses travel consultants as advertising springboards. She have access to special discounts, promotional extras, and bookings that the public doesn’t, but these are things that she offers to her clients all the time.
- Sounding board. Betty will suggest places and activities you weren’t even aware of, and there is no fear if you don’t have a concrete idea of where to go or what to do. These brainstorming sessions are infinitely useful. She also will get back to you within 24 hours of any call no matter where in the world she is. You will be contacted.
- No surprises. Betty can design detailed itineraries for you, and you will have a much more accurate budget at the end of the day.
- Ongoing, mutually beneficial relationship. Betty will retain useful information about what your travel needs and preferences are, and as you continue to work together their suggestions will only become more accurate and personalized. She can and will make traveling easy.
Travel consultants are still hugely relevant—perhaps even more so, with how busy we all find ourselves these days. Instead of overwhelming yourself with the logistics of flight connections, times and dates, why not let Betty OBrien help you out and make traveling easy and fun?
What are you waiting for? Let’s plan an adventure of a lifetime!